Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pelosi, D-Calif., and other House Democrats had met with Obama and Vice President Joe Biden in the Oval Office just before going outside to make their announcement. No Republicans were present, and neither were any senators.

The final financing package is likely to include a mix of tax increases and spending cuts in federal health programs. Among the possibilities are tax increases on alcoholic beverages, tobacco products and sugary soft drinks, and restrictions on other health care-related tax breaks, such as flexible spending accounts.

Senators also are considering limiting — but not eliminating — the tax-free status of employer-provided health benefits.

The president adamantly opposed such taxes during the campaign, arguing they would undermine job-based coverage. Obama's aides now say he's open to suggestions from Congress, even if he criticized Republican presidential rival John McCain for proposing a sweeping version of the same basic idea.


These are key excerpts from this article
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_overhaul

Here we go. I knew this day was coming,I was just praying it wasn't going to be this soon. I know that our current system has problems, there is no denying that. Socialized medicine is NOT the answer. We will go broke,like ENGLAND, trying to provide for everyone. IT WON"T WORK and in fact will only make things worse, much much worse. Care will start to get rationed and be seriously subpar. I am scared to death of this crazy lady and her puppet Obama. Obama is hypocrate and a liar. Pelosi is just plain phsyco.
Why am I not surprised that they are planning to up my taxes to take care of everyone else? I am not at all. They are liberals, thats what they do best. Tax me to death to pay for all these socialized programs designed to "take care" of everyone from cradle to grave. I resent being FORCED to help out. I should have the choice to help and give when I WANT to. I resent that my husband is being forced to work to pay for everyone elses needs. ITS NOT RIGHT!

This is a link to a UTUBE video that is worth paying close attention because this is what we are headed to thanks to Obama. It is a speech by Daniel Hannan Conservative MEP for South East of England. Its like listening to him talk about Obama. Its scarey to think this is the road we are headed to. This man makes more sense and knows from whence he speaks. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS GUY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs

No comments:

Post a Comment